ADSM-L

Re: Running DSMADMC from a none ROOT user

1998-07-20 13:47:49
Subject: Re: Running DSMADMC from a none ROOT user
From: "Brown, Ed" <EXBrown AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:47:49 -0700
That's weird, I've never received the shared memory error and I never
use root when I run dsmadmc.

The first message you are receiving is a file permissions problem. If
you run dsmadmc from you home account, make sure that if a dsmerror.log
file exists it is writable by you. The message        "ANS0110E LogMsg:
Unable to open error log file 'dsmerror.log' for output. LogMsg: The
file access permissions do not allow the specified action. "      means
that either the file exists and is owned by another user who has not
allowed you write access, or the file does not exist and you only have
read access on the directory where you are trying to create the file.

        By the way, who is the owner and group of the dsmadmc file. This
might help to explain the reason for the shared memory error.

Ed.