ADSM-L

Moving File Spaces from host to host

1998-07-20 12:07:04
Subject: Moving File Spaces from host to host
From: Mike Berkley <Mike.Berkley AT EC.GC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:07:04 -0700
We're using ADSM V3 under AIX 4.1.5 to backup a bunch of RS6000
compute servers and workstations.  A few of the servers have large
external RAID storage systems attached.  If one of the servers goes
down with a hardware fault of some sort, then we physically reattach
the RAID storage from the dead server to another system.  It's not
exactly HACMP, but it minimizes our downtime with a minimum of fuss
and expense.

Now the problem: if I move 100 GB of RAID storage from one server to
another, ADSM assumes that it has to backup all 100 GB again.  Is
there a way to tell ADSM that particular file spaces have moved from
one client to another?