ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Database tools (?)

1998-07-20 10:36:23
Subject: Re: ADSM Database tools (?)
From: David Hendrix <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:36:23 -0600
Tom,

None that I know of.  I agree that it is frustrating.  We have various
sized ADSM DBs with anywhere from 60MB to 10GB.  A recent auditdb
fix=yes done on a 370MB database (residing in 2GB worth of disk) took
over 24 hours and FAILED!  Ouch!  Even sybase DBCC's work faster than
the auditdb (the solution in that instance was to restore a previous
good db backup and run audit vols on the disk pools - not a pretty
picture and we lost some backups).

Perhaps there are some undocumented "SQL" update commands allowing us to
fix the relational integrity of the internal tables....

David
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com