ADSM-L

Re: Private/Scratch library tapes

1998-07-17 14:38:36
Subject: Re: Private/Scratch library tapes
From: Craig Bell <rcbell AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:38:36 -0400
Phil,

Also check your logs for ANR1343I message.  This just came to my attention.
This is another situation where adsm is unable to return the volume to scratch
because of other errors-  Here's the explanation on the message:

ANR 1343I Unable to delete scratch volume <volname>

Explanation: .A scratch volume cannot be deleted from ADSM and returned to
scratch at this time because all the locks have not be released.
A number a retries have been attempted.

System Action: None

User Response: The scratch volume will be automatically deleted when the
ADSM server is restarted.  Or, you may manually delete this volume
later, using the DELETE VOLUME command.