ADSM-L

Re: aix scripts to shutdown server and client

1998-07-17 14:14:42
Subject: Re: aix scripts to shutdown server and client
From: Keenan D Stratton <stratkee AT GTI DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:14:42 -0400
Yes, the ADSM server should be shutdown.  You should make the box as
quiescent as possible.  Remember, a mksysb makes an image of your rootvg.
You should also vary off any other volume groups such as ADSM filesystems
and do an export.  Once you've run mksysb, you can then import the ADSM
volume groups and vary on then start up ADSM, dsmserv &.