ADSM-L

Re: Controlled migration

1998-07-17 11:33:34
Subject: Re: Controlled migration
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:33:34 -0500
     Yep!

     What I've done is I have two administrative schedules DISKPOOL_LOW and
     DISKPOOL_NORMAL.
     I set DISKPOOL_LOW (an upd stg diskpool high=10 low=0) to run about 1
     hour after the last of the backups seem to finish.  Then I set
     DISKPOOL_NORMAL (an upd stg diskpool high=80 low=50) to run a few
     hours after the diskpool_low.  Then I'll have an admin sch to perform
     expiration (if you set the expiration interval to 0 it takes a manual
     "exp inv" to trigger it) then after about another hour I do a BACKUP
     DB, then I run reclamation until the next wave of backups.

Author:  Larry.Kerssen (Larry.Kerssen AT metrokc DOT gov) at unix,mime
Date:    7/17/98 9:53 AM

You're on track Roger,   migration is triggered by lowering the threshold,
then resetting it to its original higher level (in my case 95%).   One
suggestion, don't lower it to 0%.  I did this to trigger migration and found
if a client is backing up when migration triggers, the migration never ended
until the client backup finished.   1% allowed the migration to finish, then
the client backup continued until finished.   Hope this helps you.