ADSM-L

Re: ADSM thru Firewall

1998-07-17 02:41:53
Subject: Re: ADSM thru Firewall
From: Charlotte Brooks <cbrooks AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 02:41:53 -0400
Michelle - the TCPSERVERADDRESS parameter in your server options file should be
set either to the TCP/IP hostname or dotted IP address of your ADSM server. It
is often not the same as the ADSM SErver name (which is set only by ADSM), as
you have in your files. Ie, it should be something which you can ping or telnet
at an operating system prompt from your client (depending on your firewall,
these ports may not be open - but I hope you get what I mean). You also may
need the fully qualified domain name if you are putting in a hostname instead
of address. I generally just use IP address.
Hope this helps ...

Regards,
Charlotte
Email: cbrooks AT au1.ibm DOT com
Ph: 61-2-9353-3437, Fax 61-2-9353-3496, Mobile: 0411-117-538
AP ADSM Technical Support Manager