ADSM-L

ADSM Incr Backup Criteria

1998-07-16 13:55:26
Subject: ADSM Incr Backup Criteria
From: Gail Johnson <Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:55:26 -0700
We have ADSM 2.1.5.13 on a Netstore platform - 3570/75 Tape
We are backing up Netware clients 4.1+

I have users saying that they did not make any updates/changes to their files
but it looks as though ADSM backed them up anyway.

Can someone go into more detail on what ADSM checks or is the criteria for
'incremental backups' -- I thought it was only if the 'change bit' was
different -- They are saying it looks as if when they just do an 'open' it is
getting backed up -- Anybody else experiencing this type of situation?

Thanks in advance.....