ADSM-L

Re: ADSM disk read performance ?

1998-07-16 07:59:00
Subject: Re: ADSM disk read performance ?
From: Andrew Swift <Andrew.Swift AT CENTRAL.COLESMYER.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:59:00 +1000
Thanks for the response Gerd,

We're running backint 2.2.5.1....
In the .utl file we also have..."MULTIPLEXING            4 "
But we get the following in the sap backup log....

BR229I Calling backup utility...
BR278I Command output of '/usr/sap/FLD/SYS/exe/run/backint -u FLD -f backup
-i /
oracle/FLD/sapbackup/.bcxuqrkj.lst -t file_online -p
oracle/FLD/sapbackup/.bcxuqrkj.lst -t file_online -p
/oracle/FLD/dbs/initFLD.utl
 -c':
BKI2012I: Multiplexing is not supported in 'util_file_online' mode.
BKI2012I: Multiplexing is not supported in 'util_file_online' mode.

                   BACKINT/ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager

  Interface between SAPDBA Utilities and IBM ADSTAR Distributed Storage
Manager
                 - Version 2, Release 2, Level 5.1 for AIX -

the .sap file gives the "backup device type" choices of ....
[tape | tape_auto | pipe | pipe_auto | disk | util_file | util_file_online]

..and we're using the util_file_online which appears to be the reason why we
cannot do multiplexing.
The ability to multiplex would be nice ..tis a pity.
We are making use of the RL_COMPRESSION option...performance tests
with/without showed it was
worthwhile.

regards,
Andrew.