ADSM-L

Re: DLT shows up as GENERICTAPE

1998-07-15 11:36:14
Subject: Re: DLT shows up as GENERICTAPE
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:36:14 -0700
We have had this problem from time to time after powering off
our server and tape drives. We didn't figure out a definite
way to get it to work. We just had to keep kicking it to get
it to start. (Power off everything, the bring things back up slowly,
changing the order of startup etc.). eventually everything took.
This isn't consistant, and we it doesn't happen every time.

Also, do you have any tape device drivers other than ADSM loaded.
If so, kill them, or make sure that they don't load until ADSM's
drivers see the devices