ADSM-L

Re: Archive Log Files

1998-07-15 08:03:35
Subject: Re: Archive Log Files
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 07:03:35 -0500
Previously, I used CA-Opera (an automation tool).  When the DSNJU003
message came out, it kicked off a batch rexx job to make a copy of the
archive (I added .DISBKUP as the low-level qualifier).  It also added
the archive dsn to a GDG.  When it was time to take all the tapes
offsite, a job (using a lot of rexx and some COBOL) found the image
copies and archive copy tapes that were needed, generated recovery jcl
(including jcl to rebuild the BSDS with the "copy" archives), and create
a tape pull list.

It's much simpler for me now.  We use BMC's Paclog and archive to dasd.
When it's time to take the tapes offsite, I issue a DFDSS backup of the
archive logs that have been created that day.  I use a LOT fewer tapes
now.

Let me know if you want more detail.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics