ADSM-L

Re: Exchange server via command line - need syntax

1998-07-14 08:05:06
Subject: Re: Exchange server via command line - need syntax
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:05:06 -0400
Chuck,

If you really want to use the "AT" command, the best way to do this is to
use "AT" to schedule a batch file to run.  In the batch file, stop
the appropriate NT Exchange services using the "NET STOP servicename"
command for each running Exchange service, run the correct "dsmc" command(s)
for doing the backup, then restart the desired Exchange services
with "NET START servicename". Depending on what version of Exchange
you are running, there can be many services.

Have you considered using the ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server?
It provides for on-line full and incremental backups of your Exchange Server.
You won't have to stop your Exchange services when doing backups.  That means
no interrupted mail service for your team.  Download the 60 day Try and Buy
version available from the ADSM Web Site and give it a try.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development