ADSM-L

Re: configuring 3590 with server v2.1.7 on os/390

1998-07-13 18:10:11
Subject: Re: configuring 3590 with server v2.1.7 on os/390
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:10:11 -0600
     I would upgrade my adsm server to at least ptf level 13.  I don't
     remember exactly which ptf provided support for the 3590s but I think
     it was later than 7.

Subject: configuring 3590 with server v2.1.7 on os/390
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    7/13/98 3:22 PM

I am trying to get our adsm server v2.1.7 running on us/390 v1.3 to use our
3590 library.  It contains 2 drives and has worked with other mvs jobs.

I defined a devclass access sequencial, unit=3590,  estcapacity=15g, etc.

When I try archiving to a management class pointing to this device, I
receive error anr9999d and anr1461 with some text about bytes 3-4 being
invalid.
Any ideas?