ADSM-L

APAR #II08975 experience

1998-07-13 03:45:08
Subject: APAR #II08975 experience
From: Arthur Hundhammer <Arthur_Hundhammer AT LINDE-VA DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:45:08 +0200
     Hello David

     sorry, i have no experience with this apar, but
     we have seen the "compareable" messages on 07/02/98
     with ADSM Server 3.1.1.3 on OS/390 1.3:

     ANR0104E ASVOLUT(2202): Error 2 deleting row from table
     "As.Volume.Assignment"
     ANR9999D AFMIGR(500): Error checking pending volumes for completion of
     reuse delay period.

     IBM recommended DUMPDB/LOADDB but ADSM-Support IBM-Germay/Mainz give l
     me the following solution to remove this problem.

     1. Create a listing mit command: Q STGP * STA=Pending F=D

     2. Search the string: "Date Became Pending"

     3. Compare the date with the "Reuse Delay" parameter of your storage
        pool(s).
        i,e: today 07/13/98, the reuse delay parm is 13 days, than look at
             tapes 06/30/98 and below.

        In my situation i have found 4 volumes that meet this criteria.

     4. Execute --> MOVE DATA volser and after the move-command is
        successfully completed or ended with message "no data on volume"

     5. Execute --> DELETE VOLUME volser to remove this volume(s) from
        storagepool.

     This procedure has resolve our problem without DUMPDB und LOADDB.

     Hope this helps

     Arthur Hundhammer
     Systems Programmer
     arthur_hundhammer AT linde-VA DOT de