ADSM-L

Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups

1998-07-09 07:53:34
Subject: Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:53:34 GMT
Replying to: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM> (Wed, 1
Jul
1998 16:27:54 -0400)

>We are currently testing the new Exchage client and have
>found several perplexing issues:
>
>Vitals: ADSM v3 for NT,  Exchange Agent v1
>

>1)  It takes upwards of 5 to 15 minutes for the scheduled backup to
>start. This seems very slow and
> a bit disconcerting since it's the only client and the backup is very
>small, about 10MB.

I'm not familiar with the Exchange Agent, but if it's running using a
"standard" ADSM schedule, then you have to take into account the
randomization factor defined by "set randomize <percent>". This is a global
server parameter, valid for all schedules.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,