ADSM-L

Re: Bare-metal recovery of ADSM Server (WinNT version 3)??

1998-07-06 13:16:20
Subject: Re: Bare-metal recovery of ADSM Server (WinNT version 3)??
From: "Susi, Scott T." <Scott.T.Susi AT UNUM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:16:20 -0400
We have had our own "home grown" process for some time and just have not
had the time to do a complete review of the benefits of DRM - our
process works for us, but, as our configuration grows, I think a review
of what DRM has to offer will be a good idea (we plan to take a look at
it later this year).
Maybe there are others on this list that have DRM who could supply some
answers to it's benefits over "home grown" procedures such as ours.
As for export/import, these commands won't get you what you need to
restore a server to a point in time (they are designed for migrating
data to another server)  - you need a db backup as well as copies of
your storage pools and the other components (volhist/devconfig/dsmopt)
mentioned in the Bare-Metal procedures.  (For others listening in,
please correct me if I'm wrong!!!).