ADSM-L

Re: mail letting you know job completed.

1998-07-06 11:28:11
Subject: Re: mail letting you know job completed.
From: "Moir,Betsy" <betsy.moir AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:28:11 -0500
This might not be of any help to you, because how you get notifed will depend
on what your ADSM server platform is, but here goes.

Our ADSM server is on VM.  We've turned accounting "on" for ADSM and VM
accounting records are cut for each ADSM transaction.  These accounting
records contain such information as node name, date/time of ADSM connection,
number of bytes sent/received, cpu usage, etc.  I then wrote a REXX exec to
read these records and create a report file that I then send to various Lotus
Notes e-mail addresses using a VM Office Vision utility called Notesend.

It's a cumbersome process, but it was the only way I could get reports to my
customers.  We're working with version 2 ADSM on both the server and client
sides.  I think I've read on this list that version 3 offers some better
reporting tools.  Bad reporting is the only bad thing I've found with ADSM.

I know I've seen others on this list describe procedures similar to this for
AIX and MVS servers.  It might be a good idea to check the ADSM archives.

Best of luck,

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 07/01/98 04:41:44 PM
Please respond to ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU @ INTERNET