ADSM-L

Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups

1998-07-02 08:52:26
Subject: Re: Slow initialization of exchange backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:52:26 -0400
Cris,

1.) Your scheduled backup taking 5 to 15 minutes to "start"
    seems to be a schedule definition situation.
    We haven't seen any problems with this yet.
    When you schedule the COMMAND type schedule, the ADSM Scheduler
    receives the scheduled "command" and executes it.
    I haven't seen this "delay" from the testing we did here.
    With "Polling" schedules, the client asks the server what
    time it should run, then waits until that time, then
    executes the "Objects" field for the COMMAND type schedule.
    Are you using "Polling Schedules"?  Are the clocks set
    correctly on your machines?
    Can you provide more information on what you mean by
    5 to 15 minutes to "start"?

2.) The ADSM Server fields you mentioned below are not updated
    after an Exchange Backup.  We are looking at making use of them
    in the future.  The "Last Backup" pieces make a lot of sense
    but we are not sure about Capacity and %Util yet.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com