ADSM-L

Re: Server Conversion to 3.1.1.3

1998-07-01 15:44:26
Subject: Re: Server Conversion to 3.1.1.3
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 15:44:26 -0400
Ginny,

We converted to 3.1 on os/390 2.4 .

Give me a call and we can talk.

 Brian Nick
 Advisory Systems Analyst
 Phoenix Home Life Ins. Co.
 Enfield Ct. 06082
 (860) 403-2281

Virginia Hysock <Virginia_L_Hysock AT CSC DOT COM> on 07/01/98 02:32:29 PM

Subject:  Server Conversion to 3.1.1.3

Server:  OS390 2.4/MVS  ADSM 2.1.0.13
Clients:  NT, Novell, UNIX, AIX

Has anyone out there converted to the MVS 3.1 server that can provide me
with a
per-GB time for a full database backup (without any other activities going
on on
the server)?  I have a 17 GB (34 GB mirrored) database that currently takes
about
15 hours to back up.  I'm trying to guesstimate the backup time without
other
activity.  I would also be interested in knowing how long (per GB) the
upgrade of
the db takes on restart of the server under 3.1.

Also - is there anyone, MVS or otherwise, that has upgraded their database
to 3.1
and had to revert back to the 2.1 version that can give me some info on how
you
accomplished it?  If so, how long did it take to restore the database back
to the
2.1 version?  I am (again) preparing to convert and my management are
sticklers
for having a well-defined backout plan in place.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

                              Ginny