ADSM-L

Re: Expire problem?

1998-06-30 18:57:46
Subject: Re: Expire problem?
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 08:57:46 +1000
HI Dwight,

I'm interested in your disappearing filesystems comment. We had the same
problem in on of our NT boxes a week or so back. To me it looked like a
client problem as all of the files were deleted (verified by checking
the deactivate time) during an incremental backup for the node. In the
dsmsched.log file a connection problem with the server was reported, and
as soon as the connection was re-established is when the deactivations
started. It looks as if the client determined that the disk that it was
backing up at the time of the failure was empty, thereby deactivating
all files.

What clients have you had problems with?

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley
Bankers Trust Australia Limited