ADSM-L

ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - ACSDRVID

1998-06-29 12:57:41
Subject: ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - ACSDRVID
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:57:41 -0700
During an attempt to restore our ADSM database (WindowsNT V3) the
process
stopped with the error "ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter -
ACSDRVID"
A second message pointed to the devcnfg.out file.
The devcnfg.out file reads:

DEFINE DRIVE AUTOLIB TAPE03 DEVICE=MT1.0.0.1 ELEMENT=128 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE AUTOLIB TAPE04 DEVICE=MT2.0.0.1 ELEMENT=129 ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE MANUALLIB TAPE01 DEVICE=MT2.0.0.2 ACSDRVID= ONLINE=Yes
DEFINE DRIVE MANUALLIB TAPE02 DEVICE=MT3.0.0.2 ACSDRVID= ONLINE=Yes

By removing "ACSDRVID= " from the line, we were able to restore the
database.

Does anyone know what ACSDRVID is? It's been a long time since I've
looked at the
devcfg.out file, but looking at a printout of the file from long ago,
the paramerer wasn't there. Is it needed, or can we safely eliminate it?