ADSM-L

Re: Need to Shrink Storage Pool

1998-06-29 10:32:04
Subject: Re: Need to Shrink Storage Pool
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 07:32:04 -0700
Before running reclimation or moving data, you might want to take a look
at your retention
settings. If you're keeping an excessive number of versions for an
excessive period
of time, you can lower the retention and expire a lot of data. Then when
you move or reclaim,
there will be a lot less data to move.