ADSM-L

Re: V3 Exchange Agent backups

1998-06-29 10:00:23
Subject: Re: V3 Exchange Agent backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:00:23 -0400
Jennifer,

There have been a few problems when trying to run this
with early versions of the V3 scheduler due to a bug.
You can try the following:

1. Download the latest ADSM NT base client PTF, IP21295 and install it.
   (index.storsys.ibm.com   directory: /adsm/fixes/v3r1/win32/intel)

2. Download the "api313b" ADSM API FIXTEST and install it.
   (index.storsys.ibm.com   directory: /adsm/fixtest/v3r1/win32/intel)

3. Uninstall the ADSM NT Scheduler service used for the
   Exchange Agent.

4. Reinstall the ADSM NT Scheduler service used for the
   Exchange Agent. (follow directions in Appendix C)

A few things to check for:

*  Make sure you follow Appendix C in the Exchange Agent
   User's Guide.  Each step is important.

*  Make sure you change the "Log on As:" parameter for the
   NT Scheduler Service (for the Exchange backup) to be
   the Exchange Site Service Account if you have the
   GA version of the Agent or to an Admin ID if you
   have the 1.1.0.0 "A" version.

*  Use the sample options file shipped with the Exchange
   Agent for a starting point on making sure the
   options are correct.  You can use one options file for
   the base and the Exchange Agent, but we don't recommend it.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler