ADSM-L

Re: Archiving from a command prompt

1998-06-26 04:17:41
Subject: Re: Archiving from a command prompt
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:17:41 -0400
>The directory to be archived is called favorites and is located in
>d:\profiles\firstname_lastname\favorites\.  I tried the following from the
>command prompt:
>Archive -subdir=yes d:\profiles\...\favorites\*.* and it didn't work.
>Can this be done from a command prompt or should I just resign myself to
>clicking on 200+  folders in the GUI client?

Hi,

If had to do it, I had done it exactly your way. Perhaps should you try
-1) archiving a single directory (ie with no \...\ but an explicit path
like d:\profiles\john_doe\favorites\*.*) and check there is nothing wrong
like d:\profiles\john_doe\favorites\*.*) and check there is nothing wrong
elsewhere
-2) enclose the filespec in quotes (ie "d:\profiles\...\favorites\*.*" )
-3) check (as with 1 above) there a no explicit or implicit excludes and/or
-3) check (as with 1 above) there a no explicit or implicit excludes and/or
specify an explicit archive management class (ie -archmc=...)
specify an explicit archive management class (ie -archmc=...)

Let me know,

Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE