ADSM-L

ADSM/NT V3 Client Schedule Log Processing

1998-06-25 11:30:42
Subject: ADSM/NT V3 Client Schedule Log Processing
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:30:42 -0500
We recently upgraded one ADSM Win NT client from V2.1.0.6 to V3.1.0.3.

In our DSM.OPT file, we include the following statements to direct the
schedule log output to a particular location and to keep 10 days of
scheduled backup log output:

SCHEDLOGNAME C:\ADSM\BACLIENT\DSMSCHED.LOG
SCHEDLOGR 10
VERBOSE (we added this in V3 as a forum suggestion when we initially got
only summary output)

With the V3 client, we now get two versions of schedule log files and both
versions only contain data for the most recent scheduled backup:

DSMSCHED.LOG
 this log contains the normal kind of detailed, time-stamped output that
   was produced by the V2 client but only contains the details from the
   most recent backup

DSMCSCH.LOG
 this log contains un-time-stamped log records showing the flow from
   drive to drive, numbers of files backed up and any errors encountered.

Does anyone know how I can coerce the V3 client to retain 10 days of log
   data?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha