ADSM-L

help needed. Atape driver?

1998-06-24 21:13:11
Subject: help needed. Atape driver?
From: Yu Chen <ychen AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:13:11 -0500
hi,

i'm wondering if any of you out there are using ibm 7337 DLT library. we
have an adsm environment that the os aix4.1.5 is running on a rs/6000 c10.
adsm server v2. originally we have 7331-205 8mm tape library and 3995
magneto-optical library. we recently bought a 7337. it looks like the
Atape driver shipped with the DLT doesn't support 7331-205. i lost my
library definition after load the new driver (v4.0.0) in (it overwrote the
old version v2.5.1).

we're trying to daisy chain this new library with 7331 8mm tape library.
some folks at ibm told me it's a valid configuration. anybody out there
has experience with these issues?

ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

yu chen

-- The Lost Patrol. Level 30~36, HP 800, AC -2. The Highway Patrol of
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97
   The Random Road, They Keep The Peace, They Eat Donuts.    -TRR '97