ADSM-L

Solaris 2.6 Restore fails

1998-06-24 13:33:08
Subject: Solaris 2.6 Restore fails
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:33:08 -0400
ADSM server is AIX 2.1.5.13.

We had a Solaris 2.5 system, backed up with the ADSM 2.5 Solaris client.
All files were backed up as ROOT, via the dsmc scheduler.

We created a new Solaris 2.6 system, installed the V3 Solaris 2.6 client
(IP21307).
NO backups have ever been run with the V3 Solaris client.

Now we are trying to restore user files from the old Solaris 2.5 system.
Many files get the message ANS4007E, "access denied" when restoring from the
GUI, even if we reply "yes" to overwrite the files.
(Same results running from the command line, error "write protected".)

We are running as ROOT, and many files in the same directory restore OK.
I'm confused...

Anybody have this problem before?