ADSM-L

Re: Retroactive Collocation?

1998-06-24 12:35:50
Subject: Re: Retroactive Collocation?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:35:50 -0400
If you have now enabled collocation, any NEW tapes that are created in that
tape pool will be collocated, and Yes, RECLAIM should do what you want.  As
old tapes are reclaimed, the data moved off them onto new tapes will be
collocated.

If your RECLAIM rate isn't fast enough, and you have some extra time/tape
resources, you can force the process by doing a MOVE DATA on some of the old
tapes.  You just select one of the old TAPES in the storagepool, and do a
MOVE DATA into the same storage pool.  Whether or not that is feasible for
you depends on whether you have