ADSM-L

SQLconnect agent: ANR0534W on server

1998-06-24 06:59:17
Subject: SQLconnect agent: ANR0534W on server
From: Johan Gouws <johang AT HOLLARD.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:59:17 +0200
Hi ADSMers

I have been trying to run a backup of a SQL database with size 22gig. It is
backing up to a backuppool of 6.4 gig with a dlt autochanger defined as the
migration pool with migration left on default i.e hi=90 lo=30. The backup runs
until the 6.4 gig is full and then the following message appear:

ANR0534W TRANSACTION FAILRD FOR SESSION 1646 FOR NODE DWHSQL(WINNTDB) - SIZE
ESTIMATE EXCEEDED AND SERVER IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL SPACE IN STORAGE
POOL BACKUPPOOL.

The storage hierarchy is set up to move from backuppool to the tapepool but for
some reason this does not happen. The only thing that I could think of that
could change this was checking the waiting for tape mounts on the SQL client.

As it is still running I still don't know if the outcome will be possitive.
Did anybody experience the same problem ????

Thanx
Johan Gouws
Johang AT hollard.co DOT za
+2711 2401386