ADSM-L

Re: how to Run multiple commands from admin schedular...

1998-06-22 16:07:21
Subject: Re: how to Run multiple commands from admin schedular...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:07:21 -0500
     Yes.

     Example, on our novell servers... they wanted to reduce their backup
     times.  Our scheduled events run a command "nightly.ncf"  in that file
     are a bunch of :
     load dsmc incremental sys: -pass=blah
     load dsmc incremental apps: -pass=blah

     so our scheduled event triggers multiple, concurrent incrementals from
     each novell client.

     DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER !

     the event will show completed reguardless of the completion status of
     each independent dsmc.  That is... the nightly.ncf initiates 20 load
     dsmc's each of which has an invalid password... well the scheduled
     event successfully INITIATED each command AND THAT'S ALL  it could
     care less what happens after that.

     later,
           Dwight

Author:  madhug (madhug AT prodigy DOT net) at unix,mime
Date:    6/22/98 10:19 AM

Is there a way to run multiple commands from the admin schedular???
Is it possible to run a macro from the admin schedular???
Your input will be appreciated....

Madhu Gandhi
Prodigy Services, Inc
Unix Systems Administrator