ADSM-L

Long restore times on Novell

1998-06-19 17:17:05
Subject: Long restore times on Novell
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:17:05 -0500
Hi all,
We attempted a restore last night on a Novell machine.  Q OCC shows about
650,000 files.  I'd guess maybe a little more than 1/2 are active files.
We used the parms  RES  DATA:\*   -SU=Yes   -REP=ALL -IFN
-FROMD=06/14/1998
It was examining files for 15 hours, then the  ADSM server (on MVS) abended
It was examining files for 15 hours, then the  ADSM server (on MVS) abended
with an 80A-10 getmain error.
The ADSM server is at 3.1.02  The client was at 2.1.6 or 7
So.. I increased the region parm on the ADSM started task from 128k to
144k.
And I installed the latest client code on the Netware client (version 3,
IP21294)
Right now the restore has been running for 5 hours and is still examining
files.
Does anyone know.. this problem where ADSM seems to take forever examining
files, do you have this problem with V3?   I understand if it finishes
examining in the next couple hours, well then it's faster than Version 2,
but still, NOT FAST ENOUGH.
And once again ADSM loses at this company.
Any insight on speeding up the examining files bit?
Any similar experiences at your place with V3 on both client and server?
Thanks!
Julie