ADSM-L

Dsmreconcile crashing the system

1973-01-07 03:26:16
Subject: Dsmreconcile crashing the system
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:38:16 +22306012
HSM folks,

The "dsmreconcile crashing the system" problem is back in v3.  I upgraded my
HSM client to 3.1.20.3 less than 2 weeks ago, and my system has crashed twice.
Dsmreconcile core dumps and crashes the kernel.
I just talked to support, and they confirmed that it is a known problem,
APAR IX77427.  There is no fix yet.  They will ship me a tape when it comes out.

About a year ago, I had the same problem with HSM v2.  IBM fixed it with a PTF.
Looks like the fix was not carried over to v3.

server - 3.1.1.2 on AIX 4.3
HSM client - 3.1.20.3 on AIX 4.3

 Eliza Lau
 Eliza Lau
 Virginia Tech Computing Center                email : eliza.lau AT vt DOT edu
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
 1700 Pratt Drive
 Blacksburg VA 24060                           phone : (540) 231-9399