ADSM-L

Re: ADSM backing up the same data twice

1998-06-18 11:49:56
Subject: Re: ADSM backing up the same data twice
From: "Whitehead, Hilary" <HWhitehead AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:49:56 -0700
AIX handles automounts similarly but with the temporary mount point
/tmp_mnt/home/fred for Fred's home file system that looks (to Fred) like
/home/fred.  Since the /tmp_mnt/home/fred must exist for Fred to see his
home directory, it makes sense that ADSM is backing up both, though is
not productive in this case.  Probably no way around it until ADSM is
scripted to handle the automount "staging area", unless you just exlude
that directory.  Should be a one-liner in the opt file (exclude
/home/.../*, or just exclude /home if your subdir option is set to yes).

Have you condsidered backing up the automounted directories on only the
boxes that hold the local data and excluding these directories on the
automount clients?

Just my $0.02.

Hilary Whitehead
IBM Global Services