ADSM-L

Re: How does the TCPPort work ?

1998-06-18 10:36:34
Subject: Re: How does the TCPPort work ?
From: Rob Edwards <rob AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:36:34 -0400
Shira,

The TCPPORT option is used when the scheduled backup client is running in
schedule prompted mode; The client will listen on this port, waiting for the
ADSM server to tell it that it is time to run the next scheduled event.

The scheduled backup client will use the port number specified by this option,
or 1501 by default.  If, however, the client finds that this port is not
available (in use by another application), it will let tcp/ip assign him a
random port to listen on;  When this happens, you will receive the messages you
described.  In either case, the scheduled backup client informs the ADSM server
what port it is listening on, so your schedules should still run.

If another application is using the port number specified by the TCPPORT option
(1501 by default), then assign the scheduled backup client another port number.

Hope this helps.

-rob