ADSM-L

Re: Y2K...!

1998-06-17 11:07:04
Subject: Re: Y2K...!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 11:07:04 -0400
Actually, I believe that the Julian calendar had a leap year as being every 4
years, while the switch to the Gregorian calendar introduced the more complex
rule of century years not being leap years, unless divisible by 400. This makes
2000 a leap year. I never heard of a rule stating that millenium years were not
leap years.

In any event, I believe that for Y2K purposes 2000 is being treated as a leap
year. I know that IBM is treating it as such.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 06/17/98 07:56:06 AM