ADSM-L

Re: Y2K...!

1998-06-17 10:29:43
Subject: Re: Y2K...!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:29:43 -0400
The rules for a leap year are:

1) If the year is divisible by 4 then it is a leap year.

2) The exception to this is years that are divisible by 100, unless the year is
also divisible by 400. For example, 1900 is not a leap year because it is
divisible by 100. But 2000 is a leap year because it is divisible by 400.

ADSM should treat the year 2000 as a leap year. I briefly checked our date/time
routines and it does look like we attempt to handle leap years according to the
rules I mentioned above. While existing schedules did not show up as running on
02/29/2000, they do show up as running on 02/29/2004. So it looks like this
problem is specific to the year 2000. Also, I was able to create a schedule
with a start date of 02/29/2000, and a QUERY EVENT showed that it would run on
that date.

The ADSM server developers may already be aware of this issue, but I will
mention it to them anyway.

Thank you,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 06/17/98 06:24:33 AM