ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:57:46

        I am also planning to move my ADSM server from one AIX machine to another.  Our data is located on external Raid, disk tower and tape library.  I also want to unplug it from one machine and plug it into another.

        IBM AIX support fax me a document (#9296) on how to "clone" one system to another.  Has anyone used this method moving and ADSM server?  Any info would be appreciated.

----------
From:   Roberts, Scott[SMTP:SRoberts AT ISI-MAIL.ISINET DOT COM]
Reply To:       ADSM: Dist Stor Manager
Sent:   Monday, June 15, 1998 4:43 PM
To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject:        Moving thee ADSM SERVER

I will soon be move my ADSM sever from one AIX machine to another. I have
looked at the "EXPORT SERVER" command and would like to avoid using it to
export backup and archive data files. Currently all data file are on an
optical library and we plan to unplug it from one machine and plug it into
another. Can I simply copy the ADSM database (FTP and NFS mount) from the
old server to the new one and then import the policy, management class, etc
from the old server using the command
"EXPORT SERVER FILESATA=NONE DEVC=8mm_tape.   (8mm_tape is a device class of
an 8mm tape).

Environment:

AIX 4.1.5
ADSM 2.1.0.12