ADSM-L

ADSM server won't start

1998-06-15 20:32:07
Subject: ADSM server won't start
From: Craig Murphy <craigm AT NZ1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:32:07 -0400
Has anyone seen these errors before. Happens when I try to start the ADSM
server. Was running fine , I did a "query db" nothing happened. Noticed the
server had stopped. Rebooted  - and getting this error. HELP!!
06/16/98 12:12:54 [ADSM] Starting Server
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 08:47:19 on Aug 14 1997.

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 2, Release 1, Level 5.13/5.13

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5765-564 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 1995. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

* FIX TEST: PTF 13 + buffer flush and performance  *
*           corrections                            *
Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
Explanation (fstat error): No such file or directory
Has my database or recovery log packed a sad??

I ran the following command just to see what would happen and I get errors as
well.

# dsmserv restore db preview=yes
ANR0000E Unable to open language AMENG for message formatting.

Craig Murphy
IBM Global Services, Petone        ph 0-4-576-5844
Unix Consultant                                   mobile 021 668257