ADSM-L

ODBC Login problem

1998-06-15 17:16:48
Subject: ODBC Login problem
From: Evan Rempel <erempel AT UVIC DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:16:48 -0700
I am using Windows NT and ADSM ODBC that comes with the
Client 3.1.0.3 and have NO problems using GUI applications.

I can connect (login) and perform queries from a varaiety
of applications, but I need to be able to perform queries
from a program without user intervention. Every time
I try to connect to the ADSM server, the "ADSM Login"
window pops up asking me to type in my password.

I am using a DSN string of

DSN=ADSM_BACKUP;UID=xxxxxxx;PWD=yyyyyy

where
ADSM_BACKUP is the name in the ODBC control panel
  that I have set up,
xxxxxxx is the administrative user name I have on the server
yyyyyy  is the administrative password.

The "ADSM Login" dialog box that I am presented has the
"Server Name:" filled in with the correct server name
"Administrator Name:" filled in with the xxxxx that I specify,
but the "Password:" is blank.

Is there a way to make the ADSM ODBC driver automatically
log into the server when presented with enouhg information
to complete the login process?

Thanks,
--
Evan Rempel <erempel AT UVic DOT CA>