ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Paradigm

1998-06-15 04:32:16
Subject: Re: ADSM Paradigm
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 04:32:16 -0400
Hi Jim,

>> There is just one case I'm studying at the moment (any advice appreciated
>> :-) were I have a big file server (150000 files / 10 GB) that is
>> intensively updated. I expect its files to reside on a lot of different
>> volumes (3490E ~ 1.5 GB) and I'm afraid that I'd need a huge number of
>> media mounts in case I had to restore this server after a crash, so I'll
>> perhaps try to have monthly "full" (selective, adsm speaking) backups, so
>> that all the files get grouped now and then, and the number of mounts
>> limited.

>  Perhaps you should create a separate primary pool for the large file
>server.

Yes, perhaps... The problem is, I think, this server is not big enough to
make it interesting handling separate tapes, disk areas and so on. And as
it's connected at 155 Mbps to the adsm server, it's not really a problem to
backup 10 GB from time to time (< 30 minutes).

Thanks
Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE