ADSM-L

ADSM Server Relocation to a different site

1998-06-11 14:49:01
Subject: ADSM Server Relocation to a different site
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:49:01 -0400
Naveed Mustafa@MCKINSEY
06/11/98 02:49 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU, adstarsw AT us.ibm DOT com
cc:

Hi All,

We will be relocating our ADSM server and the StorageTek 9710 library to
our new building.  I was hoping to get some suggestions from the experts.

Our STK 9710 library has 10 tape drives and over 400 tapes.  While moving,
we will take all tapes out of the library and will put them back in the
library once it will be at its new location.  Will we need to keep the
tapes exactly at the same slot location of the library as it would be
before relocation or can we put these tapes at different slot locations and
update the ADSM and ACSLS inventory by running the AUDIT LIBRARY and AUDIT
SERVER commands respectively?

If anyone else has gone through this sort of the exercise and can give some
suggestions, it will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Naveed.