ADSM-L

Re: Recovery log error ANR0209E on server startup

1998-06-10 19:35:03
Subject: Re: Recovery log error ANR0209E on server startup
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:35:03 +1000
Hi,

I'd like to amend Andy's comment to 'strongly recommend using ADSM
mirroring... with the MIRRORWRITE LOG SEQUENTIAL option '. We had a
number of recovery log corruptions recently (due to hardware problems),
and even though we were using ADSM mirroring, we were unable to restart
our server, due to a partial write in the recover log, and had to
restore to our most recent database backup. My personal opinion is that
if you cannot tolerate many hours of down-time restoring your database,
then you really do not have any choice but to 1) use ADSM mirroring and
2) use MIRRORWRITE LOG SEQUENTIAL. When we change from MIRRORWRITE LOG
PARALLEL to MIRRORWRITE LOG SEQUENTIAL, we did not notice any
significant performance degradation. And we push our ADSM servers pretty
hard.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley