ADSM-L

Re[4]: Anyone else having server database contention ...

1998-06-09 22:24:21
Subject: Re[4]: Anyone else having server database contention ...
From: Carl Makin <Carl.Makin AT IPAUSTRALIA.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 12:24:21 +1000
> Author:  "Purdon James" <james_purdon AT merck DOT com>

> Your rate ( 360,000 files in 8 hours) seems far better than what we have
> been able to do - to an SGI or Cray.  Could you describe your server
> configuration to us: hardware, OS, OS tuning parameters

Aix 4.2.1, RS6000/F50 2x166Mhz CPUs and an Amdahl LVS4500 RAID array with
400Gb of disk connected via 2 ultra wide SCSI busses.  It was fed from 2
DLT7000's in a StorageTek 9714 library.

ADSM Server 3.1.1.2
ADSM Client 3.1.0.1 (Is this the latest?)

This machine is both the client and the server in this case and communicate
using shared memory.  The filesystem was being restored from scratch, we
were resizing it to reclaim some space.  We've filled the 400Gb.

Carl.