ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Informix OnBar database- and log-backups to different Storage-Pools

1998-06-04 11:25:48
Subject: Re: ADSM/Informix OnBar database- and log-backups to different Storage-Pools
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:25:48 -0400
Try using the "show versions" command from the server to determine the
actual filenames created by onbar.  I think you will find that the database
and log files being created actually have the servername as both the
filespace name AND the top-level directory name.  This would mean that your
include statements should really be:

include *                                         mc_unix
include /onbar_test_srv/onbar_test_srv/rootdbs/*  mc_infx_tst_db
include /onbar_test_srv/onbar_test_srv/99/*       mc_infx_tst_lg

While "show versions" is not documented or officially supported, it IS
mentioned in the RedBook on backing up databases using ADSM.  It is very
handy in figuring out what on-bar is actually doing, and which files are
bound to which management classes.  The output can be voluminous.  It does
show the management class bindings.  Syntax is "show versions <nodename>
<filespace>

..Paul