ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Anyone else having server database contention problem

1998-06-09 09:48:59
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Anyone else having server database contention problem
From: "Purdon, James" <james_purdon AT MERCK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:48:59 -0400
Hi,

Your rate ( 360,000 files in 8 hours) seems far better than what we have
been able to do - to an SGI or Cray.  Could you describe your server
configuration to us: hardware, OS, OS tuning parameters (like no -a on AIX),
ADSM server version, and server tuning parameters, as well as your client
hardware type?

Come to think of it,  I achieved a similar rate once, but the restore was to
an AIX-based client (in the excitement of the moment, I forgot this key
fact). Could it be that database search times are dependent on the client
hardware type?

If so, why?

Jim