ADSM-L

Re: Getting ADSM to recognise 3590 problem

1998-06-08 17:53:50
Subject: Re: Getting ADSM to recognise 3590 problem
From: Randall Eggert <REggert AT WIS.TWC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 16:53:50 -0500
Qcumber,

A 3590-B11 has the 10 volume auto-loader on the front end and can be defined and
used within ADSM as a mini-library.

When we first installed ADSM, we got two of these drives.  One would define as a
library, the other not.  Found out the offending unit was configured differently
and would not configure as a library in "Random" mode.  Our CE had to come in
and punch a few buttons on the front panel of the drive while in "CE Mode" to
get it to act as a library.  Nope. Sorry.  I don't remember the sequence.

Also, the 3590's mode has to be in "RANDOM" during the "cfgmgr -v" to create the
"*.smc"  file that ADSM expects to see on the system to define it as a library.
Try this 2nd option first.  It is most likely your problem.