ADSM-L

Re: two libraries

2015-10-04 17:57:46
Subject: Re: two libraries
From: Dwight Cook [SMTP:decook AT AMOCO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
     Should be able to no problem... just another defined library... under
     aix the library will be associated with a "lmcp#" control point.

_________________________________
Subject: two libraries
Author:  Pieter.Groen (Pieter.Groen AT UCI.KUN DOT NL) at unix,mime
Date:    6/4/98 9:41 AM

We are running ADSM server (Enhanced) version 2 on AIX.
We have a STK 4410, which is shared with MVS systems and the mount
for the cartridges (3490E) in this silo are done by HSC at MVS.
We want to buy a new silo (STK 9710 or Magstar MP 3573, we have not
decided yet) and connect it directly to the ADSM-server (without
HSC-mounts).
Is it possible to temporarily connect the old library and a new one
at the same time in order to be able to move all the data on the
3490E-cartridges to the new cartridges of the new library?

Greetings,
Pieter Groen