ADSM-L

Re: ADSM SQL-Agent Error

1998-06-08 09:38:25
Subject: Re: ADSM SQL-Agent Error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 09:38:25 -0400
Michael,

The SQL Agent is "appearing" to fail because of the mis-translation of the
German message.  This is a KNOWN defect, the APAR number is IC20257.
It will be fixed in the next (actually the first) PTF for the SQL Agent.
The PTF will be out later this year.

But... this should NOT stop the backup or a restore from working.

The SQL Agent was tested with SQL Server 6.5, English but it should
work with the German version.  In fact, the above APAR was
reported by a German customer.

The restore panel should show this backup, if it does not,
try the "Direct Query" (right-mouse button on restore tab)
to see if you see your backups.

Let us know if you are still having problems...

Thanks,

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development