ADSM-L

Dsmserv crashes

1998-06-05 16:38:55
Subject: Dsmserv crashes
From: Larry Jubb <ljubb AT COCOMP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:38:55 -0600
Good afternoon ALL:

I'm new to the ADSM world.  I downloaded the try/buy ADSM package from the
Web.  I have been successful in getting it installed and running except for
one nagging problem.  Then I use the web based ADSM server administration
GUI, my 4.0 NT server crashes the dsmsserv.exe process.  It will crash if
run as a window on the server or as a service.  NT's Dr. Watson traps the
following failure.

I have installed the service pack #3 on the NT server, tried different web
browsers, and even reloaded all the code from the ADSM web site.  If I
don't use the GUI the dsmserv.exe process keep running.  I can backup the
NT server to a 300mb storage pool and then migrate it to a HP C1553A DDS2
stacker.

Help!! is this an NT problem or ADSM try/buy?

Regards;

Larry Jubb
CoComp Inc.
LJubb AT cocomp DOT com