ADSM-L

Help on ANS4032E

1998-06-04 15:33:54
Subject: Help on ANS4032E
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:33:54 -0700
Hello,

one of my clients got this error,

ANS4032E Error processing 'c:\xxx\yyy.zzz': file is not compressed.

The book states:

ANS4032E Error processing 'filespace namepath-namefile-name': file is not
compressed.
Explanation: A file that was flagged as compressed was not compressed, and
the system failed.
System Action: Processing stopped.
User Response: See your system administrator to report this problem. This
error is a system failure.

So the client comes to me and says "What gives?"  I said, "Get back to you
real soon!"
So, first question - is this dataset recoverable?  Need this answer ASAP.
Next questions are (not necessary in any order):
Will there be a next time?
How can we be proactive about this?
What did we do wrong?
What can we do to fix/prevent this?

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

Mark Mapes
PG&E